PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways - CC Industrial Relations Mk VI
Old 18th Mar 2010, 09:31
ottergirl

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
pvmw
on this forum and in the press since day 1 of this dispute. Everything I read tells me that the CC are in the wrong
You don't appear to have considered that you are only reading ONE side of the debate; this may be a Cabin Crew forum in name but in truth there are very few CC who will come anywhere near it and those that have, have quickly been driven away by some of the unnecessary vitriolic outbursts like the one quoted by Vld1977. Like VLD1977, I struggle to imagine what we collectively or individually could have done to that individual to inspire that level of hatred! The media sensationalise all IA as it makes for a better story and any strike in a service industry is bound to affect the customers. If you knew any CC, and spoke to them, you would be better equiped to judge us.

Sure, the CC unions are guilty of terrible handling of the problem but there are issues here that we are quite right to feel concerned about. The introduction of a lower paid, cheap workforce doing your job alongside you would give any right minded person cause for concern. Striking, though I disagree with this one, is a legitimate IA tool and one which is being resorted to all over the EU so it can not be that hard to wonder why 80% of my colleagues in BASSA feel so strongly about it. We are not evil holiday wreckers, we are men and women trying to earn a reasonable living to support our families and pay our mortgages. So to all the posters from outside BA, leave the hatred aside and debate the issues with an open mind, you may learn something.