PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways - CC Industrial Relations Mk VI
Old 18th Mar 2010, 09:22
Safety Concerns

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
[QUOTE]Or alternatively, discuss why it is that every other department / discipline in BA is against the CC industrial action, to the extent of volunteering in their thousands to support BA through the strike period. That there is no public support for the action, and that even the Labour Gov. which is in hock to the union has finally come out with public statements against a strike./QUOTE]

There is no point in discussing that as it takes us straight back to speculating. I can tell you that even within BA other departments are discussing the myths of the situation rather than the facts. That says a lot too.

I do not dispute that BASSA are losing or maybe even already lost the PR war but that doesn't mean their basis for striking is flawed.

I must also add that the vast majority of cabin crew are excellent at their job and to try and score cheap points about claiming they do not care about pax is ridiculous. Strikes are emotive, get over that fact and discuss the real issues.