PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways - CC Industrial Relations Mk VI
Old 18th Mar 2010, 09:02
Safety Concerns

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I don't have any problems I just have my own opinion. A strike will always be emotive as it naturally causes an unwanted spilt.

My main argument here is that 99% of the posts have nothing to do with the merits of the problem which got us to this point. Whether BA goes under or not is mere speculation and probably the only person who truley knows that is WW.
Whether staff travel will be permanently removed is mere speculation as the law is very grey covering that.

I would suggest that you do not get massive balloted support for a strike without good reason and then not once but twice. So you can rant on about this and that, I would suggest that the above tells a different story.

I would like to see the real issues that brought this situation to a head discussed and not the media nonsense.

So that would mean in my utopia, no discussion about ba going under or staff travel or disruption to pax or my job possibilities after ba go under etc. etc.

I would like to discuss why over 80% of the union feel that a strike is warranted.