PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways - CC Industrial Relations Mk VI
Old 17th Mar 2010, 21:07
Noah Zark.

Ich bin ein Prooner.

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
At the end of this, crew will look at BASSA/UNITE and wonder how on earth they've came out the other end of this with far worse T&Cs, pay and future prospects than they would have done had they simply accepted the initial proposal.
I am not in the industry, but I am interested in it, and a supporter of it. But to those involved, please look at the quote above, step back from the brink for a minute, and reconsider.
It appears that the American trade unions may now become involved, and before you know it, the situation will be being swept along at an ever increasing rate, beyond your control, and possibly your wishes.
A great many people, myself included, fell victim to a very similar situation a couple of decades ago in heavy industry, and if you care to look around you, it wil be clear that nothing benefitting the the ordinary person doing the job became of it. It was a disaster for those involved.
It rapidly became a power struggle between the people at the top of each faction, no-one wanting or willing to back down for fear of losing face.
Don't let it happen to you.

Last edited by Noah Zark.; 18th Mar 2010 at 09:59.