PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways - CC Industrial Relations Mk VI
Old 17th Mar 2010, 19:15
ArthurScargill

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Society has moved on from those days of "Wicked Bosses at 't Mill". If people don't like their job, or T&Cs, or the shirt the CEO wears, then move on. NOBODY in GB has an absolute employment right to 'self' over 'company', let alone rights over other employees, customers or indeed the Nation.
And theirs the rub.
Surely we're all old enough and well enough protected by law in this day and age to not need unions in the traditionsl sense ?
At the end of this, crew will look at BASSA/UNITE and wonder how on earth they've came out the other end of this with far worse T&Cs, pay and future prospects than they would have done had they simply accepted the initial proposal.

I don't like the war analogies either but i really hope the circuit is complete come the weekend and BASSA is quite literally crushed. I have missed out on at least 2 bonuses directly attribuatble to them over the years and my own pay has not been decided yet as it can't be concluded until the CC dispute is over so i'm still on EXACTLY the same salary as 3 years ago, despite having a huge increase in responsibility (inc a promotion 15 mths ago) and now working extra hours every week.

As you can probably tell, i'm not even CC, yet BASSA has directly affected (negatively) my own take home pay. I'll be thrilled if they go down at the end of this. Long live the PCCC !!!