PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Emirates ULR screwing!!!
View Single Post
Old 17th Mar 2010, 18:32
seagoll

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
STOP BICKERIN...EK is a captains airline and he or she is prob more than any other airline responsible for any probs.(of course they will both be fired if they do something terrible like a badly flown missed approach...say no more),but I understand the dilemma.A lot of EK f/o's are previous captains and a lot are not but as EK f/o's collectively we have to support the skipper as much as poss whatever our background to ensure we all walk away.Skippers also have to respect the chap in the right hand seat who may be more experienced...BUT he is ultimately responsible especially in EK.(poor bugger).
Let us stop bickering about who trusts who etc as 90% of us are experienced enough and we all want to do our job as professionals.There are always exceptions as previously mentioned "the himalaya incident' but that is exceptional.
I suppose what I am trying to say is lets put our ego's away as the collective problem is bigger than all of us and we have to REALLY work collectively as a team to fix it.

Good Flying to all.....