PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways - CC Industrial Relations Mk VI
Old 17th Mar 2010, 17:33
YYC F/A

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I don't think the CC community as a whole/majority are happy with the way things have turned in the last 4 days. Time will tell how this will impact membership, union representation, trust with union etc etc.

I do believe that crew are (justifiably) concerned about 'being starved off their contracts' if they want to change fleets, change to part time or full time, look at promotion. I do believe that most (emphasis on most, I agree not all - but most) crew are willing to look at pay cuts and/or pay freezes if there can be some headway on NewFleet concerns.

I also believe that many (most?) crew are highly frustrated that their union representatives did not consult fully on the 'final proposal' - it sounds like it may even have been approved.

To all my former cabin crew colleagues at BA - it's tough times indeed. Be careful guys on your decisions this weekend. The best "win win" would be to push hard on your union reps to call off the strike giving time for a ballot to be made on the final offer (and for that offer to be adjusted / ratified allowing both sides to claim a victory).

Sadly though, I don't know if this is even an option now. Things have gone too fare and WW seems to be set on seeing out the strike now at all costs.