PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Your opinion on why CC & FD don't vote with each other
Old 17th Mar 2010, 16:42
lowcostdolly

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
411A if there are difficulties between the CC and the Cabin Chief can I just ask what qualifies you to decide who is at fault other than the command position?

I'm an SCCM your equivalent of a Cabin Chief aka a "Skyhag" as well according to some . I have had some flights where I have had junior crew who are less than professional and that's putting it midly!! I've also worked on many where the same could be said for the in charge. I have worked with many power tripping Pu's over the years.....some are real bully's and have no idea how to get the best out of their crew.

IMHO if the Pu cannot deal with unprofessional behaviour to the extent it involves you, as the Captain, to offload an entire "trolley dolly" crew then there is either something seriously wrong with her leadership skills or maybe the crew have legitimate grievances, who knows? They should not however be labelled as "dead meat" just because you decide to side with the Pu. A full and impartial investigation would need to be carried out to determine who is at fault. In this situation the whole CC, regardless of rank, should be offloaded in the interests of flight safety/CRM.

Anyway back to the thread title as there is a little bit of drift here I feel PaulW has it about right. CC and Pilots will never vote together until the decline in Pilot T&C's catch up with ours......that may be sooner rather than later this side of the pond.