PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Emirates ULR screwing!!!
View Single Post
Old 17th Mar 2010, 11:33
mensaboy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sorry little Jet, but I disagree with you.

Try flying over the Himalayas with 2 F/O's who respond to a clearance for another aircraft and subsequently start a descent BELOW MSA! It happened, it was verifiable and thank goodness the Captain was in F Class and somehow realized that the engines were at IDLE far too long for a normal descent clearance.......... 1500nm from destination.

This topic should not be construed as being disrespectful towards F/O's because it is matter of reality at Emirates Airline. Granted, most times when I climb into the bunk at the back of the aircraft, I have full confidence in my colleagues (2 F/O's) operating the flight while I take rest. But there was one occasion when I did not take my rest so far from the cockpit because my level of trust with both '2000 hour prodigies', was not high. I'm not slagging those guys because most pilots have the same level of brilliance at 2000 hours, but quite frankly if I was a pax on that flight..... I would have assumed the Captain was in a position to ascertain his authority in the event of a mishap.

Sadly, EK does think that the 'cost-versus-reward' of such a policy is relevant, which should adequately explain why this airline has pushed things so far. EK has survived numerous brushes with DEATH, but somehow they have equated this good fortune to being smart and wise without taking into account that THIS AIRLINE is certainly the luckiest airline on the planet.

Bunks for pilots at the back of the largest passenger aircraft in the world.......is simply......... stupid and arrogant! Anyone defending Emirates point of view regarding this issue, is an idiot. No IF's, AND's or BUT's about it, AN IDIOT!!!

Emirates Airlines is THE ONLY AIRLINE (to the best of my knowledge) who demands that Airbus and Boeing change the rest areas for pilots in the design of an aircraft. It is always a commercial decision, ie to save money, with complete disregard for Flight Safety. Then add into the equation that most airlines would have 2 Captains and 2 F/O's on flights which Emirates Airline has only 3 pilots (usually only one Captain)
Shouldn't this adequately explain the mentality of the 'lunatics in charge of the asylum' here?