PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Emirates ULR screwing!!!
View Single Post
Old 17th Mar 2010, 09:01
millerscourt

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
baps

When I was in SQ most long haul flights to Europe had 2 Captains and two F/O's and the same for across the Pacific.

Depending on time of year and winds one sometimes on a return sector from Europe or outward over the Pacific had the other Captain on board positioning. F/O's in SQ were not allowed to sit in the LHS.

Positioning crews hours only counted as 50% towards the 70 hours per month before overtime kicked in.

Many a time I have sat in First Class quaffing champagne whilst the other Captain sat in his seat the whole time back from Europe or going across the Pacific. One also had the same situation happen to you the next time around of course.

Not sure whether they still operate this way today.

sandpit too right crew rest was either in the cockpit area or just outside cockpit door.

On the 777 which I was not on but positioned a few times to Seoul the Captain had a huge rest area close by which I used from time to time if I had to sit in economy which happened from time to time if full which it often was on those sectors. Real luxury that rest area and just for the Captain.

On flights with just one Captain you never got a rest like SIN/DXB or SIN/CHC/SIN