PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways - CC Industrial Relations Mk VI
Old 17th Mar 2010, 08:27
nurjio

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
M Mouse - an interesting post. Sheds much light on to inter-group relations. I too beleive BA to be dysfunctional; however, I that that much of BA's problems lie with the attitude of those workers who choose to believe the propaganda that flies around the various departments. Much of the propoganda, as we all know, is rubbish and is generated by those with 'peculiar' agendas. I believe the BA business model to be morphing into a workable beast, (albeit slowly-it has to, but that's for another debate) and I am glad Mr Walsh is the man at the helm as a weaker character would have run a mile months ago.

Attitude is something that an individual has control over. You can choose how to approach your work with an attitude. Imagine if every single employee arrived at BA with an attitude solely focussed on delivering the finest service to the customer, unshackled from a mindset influenced and controlled by suspicion and bigotry. BA would rule the world because, despite all of this militancy from Looney Leonard, the scouse docker, BA -The Brand is still alluring and still oozes SAFETY/CLASS.

The trick, post strike, will be to align attitude in the right direction. That will take decent leadership, something that the cabin crew are crying out for, something that the rest of us have top down from Mr Walsh at the moment.

Tin hat on.

IMHO.

nurj