PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways - CC Industrial Relations Mk VI
Old 16th Mar 2010, 16:35
Landroger

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sidtheesexist

I’m sorry Sid, but I’m not clear on the meaning of the final sentence of your first paragraph. Certainly there have been plenty of posts that, if true, demonstrate that many crew really are unaware of what appear to be the facts. BASSA and even Unite are relentlessly pursuing the line; ‘there is no financial crisis at BA – they are well in profit, just hiding it.’

The erudition of those mentioned is entirely based on the way they appear to assemble their facts and report findings in a clear, concise manner. I know there are ‘anomalies’ in relative pay, to put it at its mildest. However, arriving at any firm figures, one way or another, is a technicality way above my pay grade and I'm mostly exercised by the ‘Spanish Practices’ I understand are Willie Walsh’s primary target? Situations as where BA no longer fly the Prime Minister and entourage, because it takes a Pilot, a First Officer and thirty crew in three groups to cover the various sectors.

I still think that much of the animosity, confusion and utter waste of time and money, is because BASSA have been entirely successful in getting the greater body of crew to believe exactly what BASSA want them to believe.

Roger.