PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways - CC Industrial Relations Mk VI
Old 16th Mar 2010, 16:04
sidtheesexist

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Landroger - in your last post you express concern at how many of the CC might be ignorant of the facts relating to this dispute. You are right to be concerned. I still hear CC going on about the way they ( as a working group within BA) are being 'picked on ' and 'victimised' . It's quite ludicrous really the misconception that many seem to be under........The look on their faces when you (as a BA FO)explain that you're 250 quid worse off per mth for the last 3mths!!!!!!!!!

You also refer to some of the CC posters on here being very 'erudite'. Well that doesn't preclude them from being completely misguided on certain issues - i.e. their self-worth. Remember, Ottergirl believes it is totally correct that senior cabin crew can be worth more than junior First Officers!!!!!! I won't revisit the obvious reasons why this is ludicrous, but suffice it to say that this is the sort of mindset the company are up against.

And Mods - I'm sorry but I think this is relevant because these sorts of attitudes (I'm worth far more than I actually am) lead to a distorted perception of the stark reality and are therefore, bound to be a huge hindrance to change.

The good times for the senior crew on the old contracts are OVER. They know it and are finding it very, very difficult to accept. SIMPLES

Last edited by sidtheesexist; 16th Mar 2010 at 17:13.