PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways - CC Industrial Relations Mk VI
Old 16th Mar 2010, 06:32
ChicoG

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unite joint general secretary Tony Woodley said (last night) that if BA reinstated last week’s offer “there would be no reason why the strikes could not be suspended”.
Which begs the question, given that the option to call a strike was always available, why do it when you knew it would result in the offer being removed, when you had three weeks to make a decision?

It would have been reasonable and, dare I say, sensible to ask the members to vote on the BA offer before deciding to call them out.

Which I'm afraid simply convinces me that BASSA and UNITE did not want their members to see this offer.

They probably know it would have been accepted.

And a large portion of their membership would probably ask, given that the deal looks much the same as a year ago, (in fact, is it actually slightly worse than what BA initially offered?) what the hell are they actually getting for their 15 quid a month?

Get the truth out there; why would anyone want to strike when they are being used in such a deceitful and disgusting manner?