PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways - CC Industrial Relations Mk VI
Old 16th Mar 2010, 04:13
Vld1977

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hiflyer14,

VLD1977 - thank you very much for your excellent contributions. I have two questions for you, please.

1. Where were you when we needed you?
2. Would you like to join the Professional Cabin Crew Council as an Associate Advisor? You can learn more about us here
www.professionalcrewcouncil.com

Unfortunately, I am not Cabin Crew. I also (with all due respect) don't agree with in-house sectorial unions who represent a department within a company. I believe in class unions who represent the employees in general. In my experience, this departamental associations end up fighting for their members' privileges, instead of their member's rights.

I said I didn't believe I was going to be very popular due to the aparent freedom of the anti-union sector, who are allowed to use words such as lefty morons, stupid, etc, and some of them even seem to have erotic dreams about cabin crew massive sackings and anti-union laws designed to allow companies to sack and publicly flog strikers. That's why I said it.

The hardcore anti-union sector should realise that unions are there to fight for employees' rights to fair T&Cs, not to exterminate management or to lead companies to bankrupcy. People like Winch-Control should not have this cravings for unlimited market rates for T&Cs, especially in a pilots' forum, as there are hordes of thousands of surplus and unemployed student pilots ready to work for free and even pay for work. If total market freedom existed, the pilots' rate would be extremely affected.

Just don't follow any union "leader" if they are not working for your benefit, but for theirs, but unions are necessary in this society. Otherwise it would be a slow and gradual shift to half slavery.