PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways - CC Industrial Relations Mk VI
Old 15th Mar 2010, 23:50
HiFlyer14

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Slidebustle - it is perfectly normal to feel like that - this is a very scary situation that we have been put (absolutely unnecessarily) in.

But you don't need to worry. As you say, BA have put lots in place for us - so use it. The PCCC founder members are reporting for duty and we hope that lots of other crew will follow our lead.

As I understand it there will be lots of BA people around - probably to meet us off the buses/taxis/etc - just like when we moved into T5. At the PCCC we are working very hard behind the scenes (in between full-time flying) to try and find out exactly where the picket lines will be etc. Keep an eye on our website over the coming days www.professionalcrewcouncil.com. Our focus right now is supporting those crew, like us, who want to work.

I know it's is scary for some people and lots of crew are very, very frightened and confused. But if you want to work, then you absolutely must not let that fear deter you from doing so. Or else they have won. I will pm you and if you want I will meet you on Saturday and we can go in together.

This has all been totally avoidable and totally unnecessary. I hope that the Unite reps are hanging their head in shame. Unfortunately, they will probably be drafting another despicable letter like the one they have sent to the LGW crew. I feel a blame game coming on - "It's not our fault the strike didn't work - it was down to LGW crew".

I am BA cabin crew and this is my own viewpoint and not that of BA.