PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways - CC Industrial Relations Mk VI
Old 15th Mar 2010, 23:46
STS

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Odd that someone posted the Dusseldorf schedule for the 20th - I happen to be on the Transavia flight. Trouble is, my return sector is canceled - and I'm guessing that's where it might get tricky for some pax. You can get out to where you want to go but when can you get back when you need to, and with rebooking how disruptive will it be and how many will just choose to cancel? Personally, I'm going to see if I can still make the trip because a-I need to go and b-I'd quite like to support the airline and the staff who really want to make sure they keep flying. I don't know what I'm going to get when I call them tomorrow to see what options there are, but from the perspective of a passenger, it's at least possible to see already if there's going to be disruption to your schedule and it gives us time to figure something out. Have to say, I just flew in from Frankfurt this evening and the staff I spoke to seemed to be in almost determined mood about this and proud of their company - definitely not a bunch of militants who want anyone to walk out on strike.

But, yes, as a passenger...looking through how organised the schedule is shaping up to be, I can't believe anyone would think WW isn't planning on toughing this out.

(On a tangent, I also heard the RMT is planning possible Easter strike action...I guess it's welcome to the pre-General Election ballgame.)