PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways - CC Industrial Relations Mk VI
Old 15th Mar 2010, 23:26
SlideBustle

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I've volunteered to work on the strike and have been OK up 'til now but I must admit for some reason I now feel really about it all! I don't want to see the airline fall apart because of Unite and the militants so that's why I volunteered. But at the same time, I value my sanity and wellbeing.
I know I have as much a right to NOT strike as Unite members have a right to strike. No one has to strike, it is just the union (not our employer) has called a strike because of their stubborness.

I have read up all the support that BA has planned for us, which is very good. But I can't help thinking that BASSA will find out who strike somehow. Or some Unite thugs will be at where the bus/taxis/trains drop off and will see us! Or am I being paranoid?

Of course I am worried about the future and just really want an agreement to be reached soon. That protects us. This has been going on a whole year and now this. The public hate us because of Unite. And BA has spent thousands of pounds because of this strike. It is worrying that will we have to repay the cost of a strike.

Oh well, I suppose no use worrying just have to support BA and hopefully everything will turn out OK!