PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways - CC Industrial Relations Mk VI
Old 15th Mar 2010, 12:04
Snas

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
As it happens LB I don't think Brown’s comments will do a lot to either Unite or BA as entities in themselves.
Yes no doubt Willie is happy about it and equally Len will be unhappy in equal measure, but so what.

Were I Len I would try not to comment on it at all in fact, anything he says won’t serve him well that's certain, he can only agree or disagree after all, neither will be a good position.

Internally within Unite, this is the day Len lost. If a priest attracts the scorn of the pope he’s buggered (excuse the topicality of that one..!) – so it must be with a Union leader and a Labour Prime Minister, surely?

However, I think that it will serve to further marginalise staff so that more of those that were going to support the strike will now not do so.

I think this is going to be a master class for future trade union study, how to turn a significant majority in favour of a strike into such limited support for the actual strike itself.

I know that the trade union movement generally has not been well served by this whole affair, and so far neither have the cabin crew or the company.

What a bloody waste eh