PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways - CC Industrial Relations Mk VI
Old 15th Mar 2010, 10:52
Mariner9

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
BA Husband, I fear you (and it would appear many of the pro-strike CC's) are misguided:

My point in that post is that we're now down to a couple of options for crew -regardless of how we got here.

1/ Strike and remain in a position of influence. As a result keep much of the pay and working conditions that actually matter....
I would say that option 1 would be more like "Strike and attempt to put BA under such severe financial pressure that they are forced to reinstate crewing levels. Then hope that BA don't go bankrupt as a result of reverting back to a cost base twice that of its rivals.

2/ Don't strike and have your job as you know it swept away from under you. See Cabin Crew transformed into a position only suitable for those who are young and single - living with their parents or in shared accommodation.
Option 2 should be "Don't strike and continue to work just as hard as your colleagues at Gatwick, whilst maintaining current excellent Terms and Conditions.