PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Unions Join Forces Against V Australia
View Single Post
Old 15th Mar 2010, 04:11
oicur12

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
You can "aspire" to anything you like. The point being that, devoid of any industrial baggage like QF, a startup like VOZ will be guided largely by market forces. Your personal aspirations have little to do with it.

“Well if he works for Fedex or UPS…..”

No, he doesn’t. And you are correct, these 2 outfits compensate significantly above average. The majority of widebody cargo pilots in the US earn a similar income as my friend.

“ The likes of CX and Fedex are the yardsticks we should be aiming for with our salaries not crummy operators like Tiger. Why aim low?”

Again, you can “aim” for whatever salary you would like to. In a competitive market, the employees will be paid no more than what the market determines is suitable.

“They cannot be embraced during a labor shortage to improve conditions but ignored during a downturn'. Why the hell not?”

As silly as saying why can’t the sun rise in west. You appear to believe that you can influence the forces of supply and demand to suit yourself. Interesting theory. How is it working so far?

“I can only assume/hope oicur you are not a professional pilot because with attitudes like yours who needs enemies?”

Yes, I am a professional pilot. Does it make you uncomfortable that a different viewpoint is held by one of your own? Perhaps I should just follow the rest of the tribe and bitch and moan about how unfair it is to earn 200 grand.

“How does V OZ compare to their competitors on the same routes operating similar equipment ? Surely that's a better yard stick.”

Should VOZ crew aspire to the salary of a TG pilot when flying to Thailand. What about Fiji?