PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - New jumpseat regulations?
View Single Post
Old 11th Jul 2002, 19:23
Heliport

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Rananim
I know it's difficult but, if you can, it's much better to ignore silly anti-American comments and treat them with the contempt they deserve. If you respond with generalisations, the problem escalates. All governments are prone to to knee-jerk reactions - and the UK is no exception!

foxmoth
Your attempt (in your most recent post) to gain the moral high ground is unconvincing but, I hope, a good sign. You made provocative remarks about America in your post which originated this discussion, and have repeated anti-American comments subsequently despite a warning earlier in the thread. If you make provocative remarks, people tend to be provoked - that phenomenon is often called 'human nature'.

Which do you want?
A discussion about whether there is any necessity to add further restrictions when the existing FAA j/s rule was already so restrictive? (Absurdly restrictive many would say, including me.)
Or perhaps a discussion about which aviation authority, the CAA or the FAA, generally gives pilots more freedom to use discretion? I suspect you might not like the answer to that question. Your first post suggests you are not very familiar with FAA Regs - TowerDog corrected your mistake.
Or even whether America truly is the 'Land of the Free'? (But start that topic on JetBlast, not here.)

Sweeping generalisations about countries, race or nationality are not conducive to good discussion and, as has already been pointed out by another Administrator, will not be permitted.

Let's all keep to the topic - it's a good one!

Heliport
Administrator

Last edited by Heliport; 11th Jul 2002 at 20:29.