PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways - CC Industrial Relations Mk VI
Old 14th Mar 2010, 19:02
Openclimb

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Polaxed52

Speaking as an outsider, I just want to say- don't cave, WW is playing a game of bluff. If BA go down it will not be because of this dispute. If this action was really going to bring BA down- WW would cave before the strike, if not you strike until that threat exists and then WW will cave. WW's responsibility is to his bonus- put in place by the shareholders in order to ensure his performance, if he were to allow BA to fail because he wouldn't back down to a union, then he would lose his job and his bonus. It really is as simple as that, if you stay united(he bets that you won't),and stay strong, then you will win, he is in the position of weakness and he knows it. GOOD LUCK!!
Good Post!

I really hope all the militants strike and stay out, united and striking until the threat of BAs demise exists. In the meantime the 40% of cabin crew who didn't vote for the strike, together with those who bottle the strike and come to work anyway, the volunteers, the 23 wet leased aircraft, the consolidated flights within BA and the passengers dispersed on other carriers will ensure that its business pretty much as usual at BA.

Those waiting for Mr Walsh to cave will, I suggest have a long wait - a very long one.