PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - First Officer flies 13 years without license
Old 14th Mar 2010, 16:01
Private jet

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Mathfox i agree with you but what i was trying to say is that he cheated someone who had done things honestly out of a job. Are you saying that the authorities should continue to turn a blind eye to this kind of activity purely because, fortunately, they get found out without any incidents occuring where people get injured or lose their lives? Also if a degree of "fiddling" is permisable i.e padding logbook entries right thru to faking licenses where does it end? More and more pilots eager to advance their prospects and careers will fake it more and more. Its human nature i'm afraid. Yes, my example shows that experience is not everything and i'm definately of the thought that with modern aircraft the current training system of using light aircraft to get qualified is woefully out of date (MPL is progress it seems to me) but cheating is cheating whichever way you look at it and thats what needs to be stamped on and stamped on hard or it will be the thin end of the wedge. Many poor sods have worked extremely hard, made personal sacrifices and accumulated vast financial debts to get qualified, but hey just fake your license and bypass that!