PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Unions Join Forces Against V Australia
View Single Post
Old 13th Mar 2010, 01:43
A. Le Rhone

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Oicur...as usual you seem to know everything about everything.

Why should the QF salaries be the aspirational minimum? What would you have instead? The Jetstar. Pacific Blue or Tiger wages?

Fortunately, shortly there will be too few pilots for too many aircraft and market forces will rule so we may achieve some improvements to our lot in spite of and not because of ourselves. Too many of us over the past few years have been too willing to undermine our peers and abuse them on PPRuNe. A most unsatisfactory state of affairs. If my knackered old memory serves me well enough oicur I think you have been one of those on PPRuNe over the years all too willing to criticise and undermine.

My own career was irreversably altered as a young guy when during a large dispute many years ago a bunch of opportunistic pilots undermined us to take jobs at domestic airlines that previously they would never have had a shot at. That sort of undermining continues to this day and whilst I am probably naieve hoping some of my peers may be able to consider others than themselves I am distressed that a few are so stupid as to not understand that their short-term gain in undermining colleagues also serves themselves poorly in the long run. Ironically for example, many of the opportunistic pilots in the abovementioned dispute, were by virtue of their reputations unable to gain employment elsewhere after one of those airlines collapsed. The karma of undermining?

At the moment QF A380/744 captains have the highest salaries in Australia. Globally those salaries aren't too much to crow about but they sure are better than Tiger or Jetstar salaries.

Consequently the QF salaries should be the yardstick for the rest of us and instead of doing everything we can to undermine those QF pilots we should be reinforcing those salary levels and using them as a yardstick.

As long as we undermine each other that will never happen.