PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways - CC Industrial Relations Mk VI
Old 11th Mar 2010, 20:53
bashareholder

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The Blu Riband

I actually do not work for BA - my family member does, but will gladly enter the debate!

Do you think he will make them "unfairly dismissed" , offer a change of contracts under SOSR, or something else.
No he can't dismiss under SOSR due to the 1948 Agreement - he would have to re-deploy on same pay

Do you believe there is a way out for cabin crew ?
I think that Cabin Crew have to stand by their convictions - if they feel so badly done to by Mr Walsh then they should strike - the only other way out is to accept BA's proposal in my view

I know that you - like all cc - are keen to try and deflect the arguments by focussing on such things as mismanagement or pilot's pay; but do you think that Bassa understand that BA want permanent change, not temporary loans.
As I said I am not crew but I carried out some research this week and found that Cabin Crew had indeed been left behind in comparison to other departments - BASSA most certainly now understand the need for permanent change as I believe do most Cabin Crew - they just have an in-built distrust of BA and it's management

And that Willie will not re-instate suspended crew as part of the settlement.
I don't think he should do that - any public naming is not acceptable in my opinion

Sounds like you don't trust Unite much (I wouldn't either) but do you trust the Bassa reps?
As an outsider looking in, I think that the BASSA reps have been overtaken by events. Don't forget these people are not professional negotiators nor I would suggest have they had the benefit of a business management background. BA has evolved over the last 20 or so years by recruiting very sharp and experienced business executives, BASSA has not had that luxury and as a consequence find themselves disadvantaged and in certain respects outwitted - in my opinion.