PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways - CC Industrial Relations Mk VI
Old 11th Mar 2010, 08:14
wascrew

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
unfair

Andyismyname

``What is legal, and very likely, is that after the strike dates are announced today, BA will be forced to introduce a LGW Cabin Crew cost base at LHR, using SOSR legislation.

All Cabin Crew will then have 90 days notice of the change in their terms and conditions. Some will stay out on strike. Some will not strike, receive their old pay for three months, before moving onto their new pay and terms and conditions. Others will also not strike, but only "see out" there 90 days, and then leave.``

What disturbs me about this is that non BASSA members and people who voted NO will be penalised too which is clearly unfair.
How can they be held responsible for BASSA`s intransigence?
What i think and hope will happen is that BA will say to all current crew ``accept what we proposed or go on strike``... a clear choice. They have to keep onside the good workers they have . They might need to tweak their offer a bit then they can say again ``we have listened to your concerns`` and retain some semblance of being a caring employer.
Their plans for `new fleet` remain in place as before on the same terms and conditions.
As I have said before if there was a viable promotion/transfer system for legacy crew to `new fleet` without massive financial penalties for wanting to better oneself and progress most of the opposition to BA`s proposals would be removed .
There must be some goodwill/loyalty retained!