PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways - CC Industrial Relations Mk VI
Old 11th Mar 2010, 07:51
Walnut

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I am very sad that both sides could not reach an agreement, maybe? during the 7 days notice period both sides will step back? I worked for BA for over 30yrs and I know they have a very intransigent management. This unfortunately breeds an equally intransigent workforce. One thing I believe that will happen if a strike is called is that absolute chaos will follow, we only have to look at the airline during bad w/x etc. Despite the volunteer workforce, they have other jobs to do and they will not instinctively know how to operate.This will slow things down, and lead to endless problems and crews running out of hours etc.
Also tremendous bitterness between crews will follow, which must impact on the pax. I think all sides wish to save money, & one way I might suggest is to try to cut down the number of overseas night stops, Easyjet & Ryanair manage their entire operation without them. Maybe BA shorthaul should do the same.?