PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways - CC Industrial Relations Mk VI
Old 11th Mar 2010, 06:38
christmaslights

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I wish Unite stopped with the blaming game

I read in one of the earlier posts that Unite is still going on about the fines and the fuel hedge.

This company is made of human beings! every employee has a code of conduct laid down by the policies and procedures. This doesn't mean that no-one will do something wrong, usually something that ends up in a disciplinary. Can they continue blaming everything on the fines as if someone should have been able to prevent individuals from doing something so stupid as what they did??? We why shouldn't we be able to prevent anything stupid that anybody we know is ever going to do? Because people make decisions and sometimes they do so knowing they are the wrong ones!!! as far as I am concerned the only thing that the company can do is make those people accountable... which it has done as people have lost their jobs over the fines as well as the T5 opening. Did enough people loose their job as a consequence? clearly not for Unite, well sorry but they can't continue blaming this stuff for the need for change.

Revenue is down! FACT! Costs are were not down as much as revenue! FACT! The poor bloke responsible for fuel hedging (which, by the way has the objective of being revenue neutral at the end of the year, not being a revenue stream for BA) CANNOT PREDICT THE FUTURE???? LET'S SACK HIM/HER! HOW CAN THEY NOT BE ABLE TO KNOW WHAT WILL HAPPEN TO THE HIGHLY VOLATILE PRICE OF PETROL??? SHAME ON THEM!!! no payrise, no bonus, let's make them work harder.... hold on that's happening to everybody in WTS... maybe we should all blame the fuel hedge guy!

And