PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - easyJet pilots, your management are taking the piss now
Old 9th Mar 2010, 14:46
Dreamshiner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
beachbud you have since edited and removed your second sentence from your original post. I'm paraphrasing from memory so apologies for any errors:

"or any other airlines acting as a flight school".

All airlines train pilots. Some take 250TT fATPLers, some ask for a TR attained elsewhere first, some (such as Virgin) ask for 2,500TT. All airlines train pilots in some form. However, only a few ask pilots to contribute financially towards already revenue generating flights and hopefully it can be combated effectively.

Your post led me to believe that you were passing on information to someone/something that could bring this to light to a larger audience. I merely advised you to be aware that this argument should be presented rationally. It is clear we have to distinguish between this scheme and how airlines have traditionally operated with respect to pilot training. You have to be able to cover your bases and the comment you made (even though the sentiment was correct) would leave what you are trying to achieve open to criticism.

As for the rest of your comments in the above post I agree wholeheartedly.

I don't know what your outlet is however we all need to be aware that the media tend to soup up a story as it tends to sell more copy.