PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways - CC Industrial Relations Mk VI
Old 9th Mar 2010, 12:21
Diplome

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Rover90

Plan relayed to Ops and met with absolute refusal, wait for QRS.

Capt had audacity to query Ops decision and was informed that it was the industrial agreement and would not be violated, Dispatcher(TRM) contacted by Ops and told flight was not to dispatch until QRS arrived and Push Back crew were separately told to disconnect and go elsewhere.

Cabin Crew absolutely totally onside and wanted to do the right thing. Industrial agreement prevented the sensible solution and this does pose the question that crew and not their union should be able to manage the situation on the day.
If my memory is serving me correctly there was some testimony in the recent Court case about these sort of issues.

I believe the Judge was as fascinated and incredulous as many of us in the power of BASSA and its role over the day to day operations of BA.

Their obstruction over imposition during the recent weather difficulties, and the refusal to reasonably negotiate over the staffing imposition are perfect examples why Unions should honorably and enthusiastically represent their clients, but they should not be allowed to run the business.