PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - easyJet pilots, your management are taking the piss now
Old 9th Mar 2010, 09:43
Bruce Wayne

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Leak it to the press like everyone else does.

It is not Queensbury Rules any more.

Fight dirty.

I expect some hard up fellow could make a great Hello Spread from it.

Shattered dreams etc a fool and his money.
You think the media gives a flying fk about T&C and payscales?

The media sees pilots as overpaid middle aged, middle class, overpaid ruperts that work two days a week with a week in the Maldives every time they fly while drawing a couple of hundred thousand in pay.

Any view on increased T&C's in the media will be viewed as demanding more time off for crews to sun themselves in an exotic far off land on full pay, or push the costs of tickets up for the customers.

Out of the cost of each ticket, to biggest earner is HMRC/Government*, not the airlines, not the crew, not the shareholders.

Again this misrepresentation of the facts is an abject failure and disables the industry from challenging government policy that physically damages aviation as a viable industry.

* Alistair Darling admitted that revenue generated from APD is being used to bail out banks.

Chancellor Alistair Darling has admitted that Air Passenger Duty (APD) is a tax to help fight the banking crisis, according to reports.

Speaking in London last month, Darling told The Journal: "I am quite blunt about it, we need to raise money to pay for some things we have done.

"If unemployment goes up there is a cost obviously to the family, there is cost in increased benefits, Northern Rock has cost a lot of money."

A Treasury spokesman confirmed to Travel Weekly APD has always been a "revenue raising instrument".
my bold

Darling admits APD will help pay for banking crisis

Last edited by Bruce Wayne; 9th Mar 2010 at 10:52.