PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways - CC Industrial Relations Mk VI
Old 9th Mar 2010, 08:22
HasFlyed

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
End Game?

Well, more of a guessing game really.

We can play the numbers game:
How many volunteers / strikers / wet leases…
The answer comes out, no strike / short strike – defeated.

We can play the strategy game:
New Fleet / BASSA defeat / BASSA face save / contract CC / imposition / Pay cut / strike threat / strike possibility
Clear answer, New Fleet + BASSA defeat/face save.

We can play the money game:
Targeted cost reductions / cost recovery from BASSA / saving now/future / who pays and when (insert your own list) fat cats/troops.
Only one certainty – savings, (substantial), will be made.

And of course, the damage game:
Strike/possibility of strike / delay / rabble rousing / intimidation (all sides) / divide and rule (all sides) / loss of: Company, Brand, revenue, trust (all sides), revenue, PAX loyalty, Staff Travel, reputation………etc.

The reality is that none of these games is played in isolation. So, our focus during the play tends to shift from one to another, (as in this thread!).

The games could continue for some time yet – and so will the damage.

My sympathy in all this has shifted between all the “players” at various times, (very little mention of very anxious BA pensioners out there!). But it has until recently tended towards the CC “troops”.

I now have no more sympathy. I only see the damage that their poor choice in representation has brought the rest of us.

I ask CC to seek out the facts and make sure that your voice is heard by your representatives before it is too late.