PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Finishing of CPL, single or multi?
View Single Post
Old 9th Mar 2010, 07:58
777WakeTurbz

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Imho I would be just sticking to the 200 series.

As previously mentioned if money isnt a problem, sure why not get your initial issue twin endo and do some fly aways to build up some command time in it. Something useful that companies operate would be wise, BE55/58 (Travelair would be cheaper and covers the endo), P68 are still used by a few companies as well and where ever you fly will take longer which equals more hours! And unless you have a lot of friends who are willing to help subsidize trips in a PA31 (and you find a company who will let you private hire one more to the point) I wouldnt worry about that.

I probably wouldnt pay to do any of your CPL nav exercises in the twin as you will get plenty of that doing your MECIR and the dual multi time isnt exactly useful, which brings me to my next point. Id probably look at saving your money to do an Instructors rating or your MECIR.

Realistically you will 99 times out of 100 find yourself in a 200 series Cessna or something comparable to start out up north and if you are with the right company progression will start after around 12months, possibly sooner since things are looking to be moving again.

I wouldnt stress too much about the twin time yet unless you have money to burn, it all comes with time. Good luck with whatever you choose to do and with your future in aviation.

Turbz