PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways - CC Industrial Relations Mk VI
Old 8th Mar 2010, 19:40
Diplome

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
biteme:

Diplome

I did not say it was relevant to the issue in hand.

I was just speaking my mind.

What I would settle for is my business. I think that at this sensitive time showing ones hand would not be a wise thing to do.

You will hear from cabin crew this weak.

Our union will be putting forward the outcome of the negotiations for us to vote on.

I hope we will find a common ground and take this company forward.

I just hope the few who enjoy debate with their cabin crew colleges feel the same when the shoe is in the other foot.
First, your "showing your hand" would have no impact on the negotiations. Unless you're BASSA or Unite its just your opinion.

What's the phrase..."If you're not at the table then you're part of the menu"? Unless you're a BASSA rep or BA executive you're in the same boat I'm in as SLF and shareholder. We're both on the menu.

One of the most interesting things for me throughout this process has been the refusal and/or inability for many BASSA CC to articulate exactly why the imposition and salary freeze are worth striking over. I hear "New Fleet", commentary about other BA employees' salaries, etc., etc., which have nothing to do with this strike vote, but when it comes to specifics regarding what the true problem is and what is seen as a resolution its almost impossible to get an answer.

Its obvious, with their failure to name a strike date, that BASSA is scrambling...but I'm still not sure that their membership understands what the scramble is about.

As for:

You will hear from cabin crew this weak
Please, everyone has heard, ad nauseum. We're striking, sending our proposals, Tuesday is the day, and on and on...yet BASSA truly does nothing.

I would not be surprised to be reading this thread next Boxing Day and reading BASSA supporter posts that state "That's it, we've had enough now..we're going to vote again..or something.".

Cynical, perhaps.