PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Kids controlling at JFK
View Single Post
Old 8th Mar 2010, 11:38
jfkjohan

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi Guys,

Just thought i'd share Mark H's comments, found them on the FOX network where the news first broke. More than 600 people have commented on it so far. As I was the first one to actually say something there/then, having clicked to have all follow up emails sent to me directly -- I have actually read all the other comments posted after mine. This was one of the best, for me of course:

Mark H wrote:

"This is ridiculous. I am betting the farm that most of the negative responders here have never set one foot in a Control Tower, Approach Control, or ARTCC. Probably not a cockpit either. I spent 20 years as a Controller and now have 18,000 hours as a pilot. I can certainly affirm that safety was never compromised in this situation. Blown out of proportion by the media and amateur nay sayers. The Father has INSTANT over-ride capability over his son's transmission and capability to cut off his transmission in the blink of an eye. I am quite positive he was supervising his son with the closest of tolerances. Controllers are careful professionals and again never was safety compromised. He would never allow that, not would the supervisor. Again, just send a memo out that this is a no-no from now on, put them back to work, and get on with life."

Just thought i'd share. Anybody have any ideas on the fate of Mr. Duffy and/or his kids so far? I hear they are selling tshirts with his name on it, which comes with a cape now! Not soo sure how far this is true...

Regards,

Johan F. Khairuddin (JFK).
Johan Farid Khairuddin.com