PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Does Glider time count as total time on applications ?
Old 8th Mar 2010, 09:31
robin

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Gliding and flying in small GA aircraft is real RAW data flying.
And I want to say ive done it.
Something odd in that statement.

Do you mean that you are seeing it as an episode in a career of bigger and better?

The whole thing about gliding and Permit flying is that you just do it, and keep on doing it.

Yes you can dabble in it for a few months and give up, but to have put the effort into getting to Silver C, or to develop the skills to be able fly in and out of farm strips in a cheap permit aircraft, all that gets into your soul, and never leaves.

Commercial aviation, as you say, is glorified bus driving, with the trolley-dollies nothing more than attractive clippies (that dates me!).

But we have 70-year old pilots where I fly who will drag out elderly tiny aircraft for an evening bimble for the fun of it, long after they left the career behind.

On the other hand there are airline pilots who choose to move next to an active airfield and try to shut them down. They are using aviation as a career choice.

But if you are hours building I'd suggest you look for your local LAA strut and try to get involved with them. You'll find cheap shares and cheap flying - perfect for hours building.