PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Astreaus Cadets - line training
View Single Post
Old 10th Jul 2002, 12:18
calypso

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The first couple of flights from my corner too. I must admit that I had difficulty sleeping the night before, which wasn't as much of a problem as I had a 4,30 start. I had Hamrah and Danny himself for my sins...they where very good as they created a very positive atmosphere. The learning curve is pretty much vertical at the moment. The 737-700 is a slippery beast and I was paranoid of getting high on the approach but I was OK in the end. Amazing coming into Gatwick when ATC say "no speed restrictions" and you are zooming in at 300 kts IAS constantly working out height x3 + 7 miles to decelerate... In the mean time I was also thinking " in a couple of minutes I will have disconnect the autopilot and land this thing". And the calls, ah funny how I had already forgotten about them, again.

It was a brilliant day out and made it all worth it. The best part of all is that it was repeated the next day and will now be the stuff our every working day.

I know from my own experience that reading the Wannabes forum can sometimes get you down, hearing so many people struggling can knock your self confidence. Keep in there, your time will come and it will be worth it too.

Cal