PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways - CC Industrial Relations Mk VI
Old 6th Mar 2010, 10:51
Nevermind

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sussex2

With regard to the blame, I agree both sides must take equal share. The negative relationship that has been there during my 15 years in the company has been bred by both sides. The management treating the crew like kids, no influence over their roster in longhaul, and not listening to genuine concerns.
However, BASSAs stance has been either la-la fingers in ears, not listening, or the typical over-my-dead body approach.
This approach may have worked previously but as we are about to see over the coming weeks, this will not be allowed to.

The worldwide recession has forced both sides to confront their poor relationship, and BA's attitude to crew has reaped what it has sown. As has BASSA's attitude towards negotiation.

HOWEVER....
There is no excuse for ignoring facts - not going along to examine the books was a major fault.
Denying the facts that the City has full access to (and therefore BA would be prosecuted if it misled them) has resulted in a denial attitude that BASSA has now bred in our crew.
So when people like myself volunteer, it is not to deny cabin crew their right to strike.
It is defending my company's financial position, having taken in the facts.

And as for BASSA final offer, I truly wish our crew would simply examine the facts. And they won't .
Because they have been grossly misled.

I wish it was different