PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Kids controlling at JFK
View Single Post
Old 6th Mar 2010, 07:54
jfkjohan

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi Guys,

Wrote more here DISQUS Profile | Johan Farid Khairuddin ; but in summary -

I understand and respect everyone's thoughts, comments & concern especially re: aviation safety in this #kidcontroller case.

Personally, I do believe that the FAA and all other air transport governing bodies around the world are doing an excellent job to regulate amongst the many other points of course -- aviation safety.

Hence I do believe this should be made an example of, so that a possible negative escalation of such an act (bringing a kid to work) which WOULD begin to jeopardize safety -- be now prevented from ever happening.

I'd like to think that some day from now, when say someone/somewhere/somehow would believe that "its safe to do something somewhat harmless", they would remember this "dad and the kid controller at JFK" story, and refrain from doing anything stupid which could involve threatening safety.

I believe there are many other loop hopes in the industry which have yet to be discovered or in the media's thoughts "exploited" which would have a more devastating effect. You (and I even) could possibly not even know it yet!

For air safety worldwide, primarily at JFK too, my prayers are for the dad to get his job back and to continue directing air traffic as he is undoubtedly one of the rare few who are skilled, competent & patient enough to deal with the 6th busiest airport in the United States.

God bless.

JFK