PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The official Soccer World Cup 2010 Thread
Old 5th Mar 2010, 16:09
Der absolute Hammer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi !
It is of course impossible to argue about such hypothetical figures, days of stay, spending, spending outside SA, etc.
The big money-I think-is in TV. FIFA have made billions from the writes for TV but what has SA reality been paid so that FIFA can 'sell' the TV to the world? Not a lot I will bet you?
FIFA will clear up big time. I heard that when the cup goes to England in 2014(?) that FIFA has already agreed with British government that no employee of FIFA (even a sweeper) will have to file a UK tax return or be liable for UK tax for the year of the cup. A very rich and powerful organisation which benefits at the expense of the host country?
Sure thing, no FIFA/no world cup. But it is a greedy beast and it is French of course which is amusing and ironic. I hope the show will be pretty good and even if it is not, you will read that it is. Mind you, I am going away for those four weeks. All those guys from the Argentine and Brazil coming here and all their women over there. There must be a tango or a salsa somewhere in waiting?

As for any legacy of infra structure, please continue to be so very humurous. The Mad Hatter's Tea Party? Jam tomorrow, jam yesterday but no jam today!
This is Africa. We don't do infra structure!