PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways - CC Industrial Relations Mk VI
Old 5th Mar 2010, 15:21
Glamgirl

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I certainly won't be happy with a pay cut, that's for sure.

It seems to me that the crew members who go on about how awful the reduced crew complement are WWLHR CC. Some of them say they're ok with the new complements, but they find it difficult on the high-J 747 flights. How about this for a solution for them: Re-instate the crew member on the high-J, but WWLHR CC take a pay cut to finance it. I don't know how big a pay cut they'd need to take, but it would be more fair than all CC having to take a pay cut, even if they can cope with the new complements.

We've already had the tax shambles, which will see me at least £100 worse off each month. Add on around £40 due to a pay cut I don't agree with, and I will certainly not be happy.

Having said all that, I don't think WW will "do a deal". He's categorically said that the crew member(s) isn't coming back on board. The 3.4% pay cut doesn't amount up to £60m. Also, the 2 year pay freeze has already been implemented, so that's not a new one.

I've got quite a lot of "Weakest Link" put-downs running through my head right now, such as "a few fries short of a happy meal". That's in regards to unite/bassa, just to be absolutely clear.

Gg

I'm BA cabin crew and this is my opinion and not that of my employer

Last edited by Glamgirl; 5th Mar 2010 at 15:39. Reason: add disclaimer