PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - DGCA Expat Phase-Out
View Single Post
Old 5th Mar 2010, 13:18
jimmygill

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
@flyjet787

I have a very simple test using which you can come to some practical awarebess about safety..

1. If tomorrow you have an offer from Indigo to fly their Brand New A320 as a F/O with several scores of passengers behind you. Are you going to say, "Look boss I guess you should hire an expat for this safety critical job?" or will you say "Alright I am ready?"

2. Suppose you selected the later choice, and after 4 years you have around 2500 hrs on A320 as F/O and you also have been working hard and got your ATPL. If the airline now comes with an offer of upgrading you to your left seat, with a 50-80% increase in take-home and reduced flight load. Will you say "Look boss I guess you should hire an expat for this safety critical job and may be I will be ready after I log 2-3000 more hours as F/O?" or will you say "Alright I am ready?"

Aviation safety is not a mythical art, its a well founded science, worldwide pilot training should be quiet deficient otherwise what can explain the myths which go around in a forum heavily populated by pilots.

If you are a f/o with 1000 hrs total time, will you refuse to fly with a captain that has just 3000 hrs total time and is released just the last week for command?

Last edited by jimmygill; 5th Mar 2010 at 13:30.