PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - DGCA Expat Phase-Out
View Single Post
Old 5th Mar 2010, 12:14
shanx

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
@Flyjet787

To answer your question, No .. I have not done any study on the data related to flight crew employed in airlines in India.
Which is why I have not said anywhere that all expats should be asked to leave and replaced by Indian captains or Indian senior F/Os.
However, I do know a lot of pilots flying for airlines in India who claim that they are not getting their due in terms of career progression for several reasons, whilst at the same time we have several shady outfits supplying pilots to the airlines for $$$. There's more to it than meets the eye when it comes to expat pilot recruitment and all these brokers and agencies.
Which is also one of the reasons why it would be interesting to see what kind of a response an RTI would generate.

And not just the airlines ... Im not getting desperate to fly a jet (narrow, wide or extra wide). There are expats with low hours and just an FAA CPL with CFI/CFII ratings with not more than 500-600 hours total time and are working as FIs or AFI's in Indian flying clubs.

There's no arguing here. We're just exchanging views, and I apologize if my previous post was rude and hurt/offended you.