PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - DGCA Expat Phase-Out
View Single Post
Old 5th Mar 2010, 11:46
flyjet787

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
@jimmygill:
In my previous post I was only talking about expat captains and not F/o's. There is this huge misconception among the unemplyed CPL holders (like you and me) that every Indian F/o holding an ATPL (with about 1500-2000hrs) should be made captain to replace the expat captain and then he/she can take the F/o's place. What I am saying is that this is not really practical and it does compromise safety of the aircraft and people.

I am not trying to offend you or say what you are doing is wrong.
I really appreciate what you are trying to do and you will always have my support.

And about the Indigo F/o's requirments. Din't they come out with an advertisement with similar requirments for Indian pilots aswell.

@shanx:

"Now, how YOU and ALL others know that there are'nt enough Indian national pilots qualified enough to replace expats in all the airlines, charters, flying clubs and corporates in India .. Im quite amazed and impressed !"

So are you saying there are infact enough Indian National Captains (who are qualified/fit to fly on the LHS) to replace all the expats in the airlines, charters etc.?

"Have you done a comprehensive study of the data of all the airlines, corporates, flying schools etc in India and done a comparison of the no. of hours, experience, ratings, past history of ALL the employees (nationals and expats) that you have miraculously come to this conclusion (with all others)"

I would love to hear about your comprehensive study of all the data that you have mentioned above.

I think I din't chose the right words in my last post. All I was trying to say was that the airlines must not be forced to replace the Expat Capts. with Indian Capts. even if they are not good enough for the job. The airlines shoud not be forced to make every Indian ATPL holder with 1500 hrs a Capt. As you mentioned we already have the Shahrukhs and Rajnikants who are all BOOM-BENEFICIARIES on the RHS. Would you really want these BOOM-BENEFICIARIES WITH 1500-2000 HRS to be flying on the LHS as well.

Again, I am only expressing my views about replacing experienced/Expat Capts. with relatively Inexperienced fresh Indian Capts.

Please don't misunderstand me. I am not againt Indian pilots replacing the expats and I am definetly against having Expat F/o's . I just feel that it should be done in well mannered and thoughtful process with a certain degree of importance to safety as well.

Anyways I really don't want to prolong this argument about who is right and who is wrong. I was just expressing my views.

I will try to contribute with any useful inputs than might help you guys with the RTI.

I have a question for you guys. The DGCA has asked the airlines to phase out expats...does this also apply to the Corprates?