PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways - CC Industrial Relations Mk VI
Old 5th Mar 2010, 09:31
wascrew

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
yes

Litebulbs

``BA are returning to profitability and loads are growing again. BASSA offered a temporary solution, which was not accepted. In 2 years, if BA are making £800m of which £150m is out of the pocket of its employees, then would that be fair?``

YES!!

As a shareholder and traveller it is in my interest to hold shares in a company that makes a profit so it can invest and compete against the service levels of the increasing competition out there and service its` massive pension defecit.Also they may be able to pay me a dividend for my investment.
For too many years BA has been run for the benfit of its` staff imho (being prepared to be shot down in flames for that comment.) The alternative simply is to carry on as before and go bust! I`ll remind you BA is no longer nationalised and firmly in the private sector!
Maybe the CC should hedge against this by sharing in the companys possible future success by opting for share bonuses.