PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - bmi Regional
Thread: bmi Regional
View Single Post
Old 5th Mar 2010, 08:37
Deep and fast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Had to laugh, Evildutychanger aka as a lot of other names at regional!

EDC said
[QUOTE]Quoting my statement about an undercrewing situation back in Oct 2009 at a stage with an unusual amount of Off Line activity really does not prove that BMI Regional may or may not be overcrewed at a totally different time with a potentially different flying schedule coupled with potentially different SBY levels./QUOTE]

Maybe not directly, but an assumed level of LT sick and sick in general from company may not be realistic especially with people working a lot harder with time away from home. Stress and sleep issues are cumulative and regional airlines do not provide many days off like other operators for rest and de stress. Normally this would be offset by the fact you would probably have your base choice, were home every night in your own bed with the family and those stby days you would catch up on the things that we have to do when not at work! For a large number this is not the case.
The pilot workforce were saying with management denial that we were under crewed summer08 before they finally recruited 6 FO's. And still more single days off and buying days off from people. When Balpa asked for the stats on buying days from people, the company refused. Open and transparent? Not really.
And lets not forget the summer of discontent, where pilots voted to strike because of a degradation of lifestyle. We are not far from that again now!

EDC said
[QUOTE]Nor funnily enough do i believe your assertion that the reason many BMI Regional pilots may be looking for work elsewhere is as a result of "disrespect" from management. For those of us who have or had worked in aviation over the past 10 - 15 years we remember the fact BMI Regional have historically had 10-15 pilots leave a year/QUOTE]

The general feeling from those that I have spoken to, is that management treat us as a problem and not a solution! The recent pay dispute highlights that issue perfectly! I do feel that we may be turning a corner on this issue as there has very recently be more productive discussions taking place.
On my induction day we had a highly motivational speech about "****"! Apparently it only flows down hill gathering pace until it meets who it was intended for. And if you try to push it uphill it slows to a halt, turn around and then falls on you again. This is probably the most honest thing I have heard since being here.
There will be an exodus when things pick up. Even now the rumour are 75 requests for references for bmir pilots for other operators.
The basing issue was never going to work as implied, but all people want is honesty. If I had been shown the seniority list with the base transfer data on I would have known how unlikely it was to get chosen bases within that time scale, and I would have turned it down as I had another offer which I really wish I had taken. But the market is a different place now.

And me dramatic! I don't think so.

Rgds D and F

PS what happened to the leaving party!