PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - DGCA Expat Phase-Out
View Single Post
Old 5th Mar 2010, 08:29
jimmygill

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Guys I really don't think this is going to help. The expats are here to stay and they are not leaving anytime soon. Lets just face it... and don't believe anything which the DGCA or the MOCA says regarding the phase out plans for the expats. And I am also pretty sure the airlines also would prefer to pay lower salaries and have desi pilots than pay twice the salary and hire expats. There is a sever shortage of Capts. and we all know that there are'nt enough indian capts so airlines have to hire expats.

And another vey important point is that not all ATPL holders will be fit/qualify to fly as captains. And you can not push the ailines/DGCA to pass the Indian ATPL holder to replace the expats captains even if they are not good enough. Its the safety of the people thats more important than providing employment to the unemplyed pilots.

I am also an unemployed Indian CPL holder like many of you guys. Even I have been through all the miserable things which some of you might have experienced, but I think accepting the facts is the best thing to do rather than living in denial.

Its going to be a looong wait.....lets accept it..

If you go to eaglejet pay them around 40k usd you will get 500 hrs first officer time on A320, and will soon be legally ready to fly in India as expat. What is eaglejet requirement, 250 hrs + 40k USD.

Consider this: Before flying the eagle jet you will just as unsafe as the 250 hrs wizards here.You will NOT be flying that A320 as first officer in am empty aircraft, there will be people on-board and on ground in the harms way.

By the way what harm is there in doing proper research? I am just proposing that we use our rights instead of being fatalistic and resignatory about the recession/long-wait argument.

Remember if a young bird doesn't use its wings, somebody is going to clip them. We have all kinds of pressure groups in the industry why not have one group for ourself.

I will quote without telling the origin, "Be the change you want to see in the world."

Think of something which can help you make proper decision, or help you know about the industry and we will put that in the Application.

Thanks for your inputs anyway.