PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Merged: Qantaslink Traineeship/Cadetship/General Employment
Old 5th Mar 2010, 07:33
Hugh Jarse

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile

Hullo Horatio,

I don't think I was a bastard per se. My attitude was that the candidate had the job, until such time as he/she flew his way out of it in the SIMEX. I always tried to give a bit of training to those having difficulty, in order to get them over the line, but time sometimes precluded that.

"Is that you in there, Horatio?"

From memory you finessed the box to a suitable standard. You may have been "Fat Bastarded" on the day, however. Quite a few candidates fell foul of him in the interview (perplexingly). If you weren't multi-degreed then it was tough for candidates to get through the interview side of it. To fly a Dash for Christ sake

The best thing they did was get rid of him. He's now the problem of a somewhat more westerly based company....

The new job is fantastic. Thanx for asking. Much more time at home with the family is the way to go!

The security review at CS is a laugh. IMO it is sensationalised to cover people with vested interests. The flight deck door is locked on the Dash on an overnight. All have hardened doors, as required by legislation. So how could somebody pinch one? To start one would require specific knowledge of switching and lever positions, and is NOT like a Hyundai, as the writer claims. He probably has never sat in one, let alone flown one.

As for placing a b-o-m-b on board (you can't say bomb on an aeroplane) (in the cabin at least), the cabin crew do a full security check on first flight of the day. The Captain checks the baggage compartments.

Finally, why would anyone be bothered flying an aeroplane into a building in Cairns, for goodness sake?

Last edited by Hugh Jarse; 6th Mar 2010 at 02:56.