PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - DGCA Expat Phase-Out
View Single Post
Old 5th Mar 2010, 07:20
flyjet787

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Guys I really don't think this is going to help. The expats are here to stay and they are not leaving anytime soon. Lets just face it... and don't believe anything which the DGCA or the MOCA says regarding the phase out plans for the expats. And I am also pretty sure the airlines also would prefer to pay lower salaries and have desi pilots than pay twice the salary and hire expats. There is a sever shortage of Capts. and we all know that there are'nt enough indian capts so airlines have to hire expats.

And another vey important point is that not all ATPL holders will be fit/qualify to fly as captains. And you can not push the ailines/DGCA to pass the Indian ATPL holder to replace the expats captains even if they are not good enough. Its the safety of the people thats more important than providing employment to the unemplyed pilots.

I am also an unemployed Indian CPL holder like many of you guys. Even I have been through all the miserable things which some of you might have experienced, but I think accepting the facts is the best thing to do rather than living in denial.

Its going to be a looong wait.....lets accept it..